- 11/4 C flour
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/3 C skim milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 C canned evaporated skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
To prepare crust:
2. Combine flour and sugar in bowl.
3. Add milk and oil to flour mixture.
4. Stir with fork until well mixed. Then form pastry into smooth ball with your hands.
5. Roll ball between two, 12-inch squares of waxed paper, using short, brisk strokes, until pastry reaches edge of paper.
6. Peel off top paper and invert crust into 9-inch pie plate.
To prepare filling:
7. Combine sugars, salt, nutmeg, and eggs.
8. Add milk and vanilla. Stir.
9. Add sweet potatoes and mix well.Putting it together:
10. Pour mixture into pie shell.
11. Bake for 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown.Cool and cut into 16 slices.