Avocado And Crab Salad
- 2 baby cos lettuces, shredded, or 1 mature cos lettuce, outer leaves removed, shredded
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 large avocado, ripe but firm
- 400 g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 200 g fresh white crabmeat
- ½ lime, zest cut into thin strips
Creamy Lime And Ginger Dressing:
- 1/3 cup (85 g) natural low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons 97% fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 lime, zest grated and juiced
- 15 g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Preparation method
Prep: 20 minutes
1. First make the dressing. Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime zest and juice and ginger in a bowl, then set aside.
2. Spread the lettuce on a large serving platter. Cut the papaya in half lengthways and remove the seeds, then peel off the skin and slice the flesh. Arrange over the lettuce.
3. Cut the avocado in half lengthways, remove the stone, then peel and slice the flesh. Arrange on the platter, alternating the slices with the papaya.
4. Fork the borlotti beans and crabmeat together. Spoon the mixture on top of the salad, then drizzle on the dressing, garnish with the strips of lime zest and serve immediately.
gourmet salad recipes