Chilli mince beef with basil
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 3 long red chillies, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, shredded
- Remove core from lettuce. Cut in half lengthways and place into a large bowl of cold water. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. This loosens the leaves and enables easy peeling to form cups.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add half the mince and cook, stirring continuously, until well-browned. Remove and repeat with remaining mince.
- Return mince to pan and add chillies, garlic, fish sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, and stock. Stir until well-combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer. Add green onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold through basil. Spoon the chilli mince beef into the lettuce cups and serve immediately.
- Keep warm this winter with our selection of casseroles, slow cooker recipes, soup recipes and pasta bakes.
Beef Mince Recipes,beef recipes