Sweet Kesar Rice (Beenaj)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup sugar
- few strands saffron crushed
- 1 tsp. chopped pistas & almonds
- 1/2 tsp cardamon powder
- 1 small piece cinnamon
- 4 cloves, 1 tbsp small raisins
- 1/2 cup pure ghee
- a little saffron colour dissolved in 2 tsp water.
- Boil rice in plenty of water. Do not add salt.
- When the rice is just about but not yet done, drain and cool.
- Add sugar, colour, cardamon and saffron.
- Heat ghee in a heavy sauce pan, add cloves, cinnamon raisins and rice.
- Gradually cook and store till occasionally without breaking the grain.
- When the water dries up add the chopped dry fruits on top.
- Serve hot.Take care not to burn the seasoning.
- Add curd, milk, coriander.
- Mix well and cool in fridge for an hour before serving.