- 1 small onion, chopped
- 175g (6 oz) mushrooms
- 500g (1 1/4 lb) lean beef mince
- 4 tablespoons fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste flour, for shaping
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 12 mins
1. Place onion and mushrooms in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add mince, breadcrumbs, herbs, tomato purée, salt and pepper. Process in bursts for a few seconds at a time, until mixture binds together but still has some texture.
2. Mould handfuls of the mince mixture into burger patties using lightly floured hands.
3. Using a large frying pan or griddle, cook the burgers for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until evenly cooked.
4. Serve with relish and salad, in burger buns or pitta breads.
You can cook these under the grill instead of using the hob.
Beef Mince Recipes,beef recipes