500 calories per serving
- serves 4
- about 675 g (1 1/2 lb) Savoy cabbage
- 2 onions
- 1 day old bread roll
- 2 eggs
- 675 g (1 1/2 lb) mixed minced meat
- salt and freshly milled white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground caraway
- 1 tablespoon oil
1. Remove the stalk and any damaged leaves from the cabbage, then boil the cabbage for 10 minutes in salted water. Leave it to cool, separate the leaves, cut out the thick stalks from the outer leaves and finely chop the inner leaves.
2. Dice the onions. Soften the roll in cold water. Mix the chopped cabbage, eggs and onion into the minced meat and season with salt, pepper and caraway. Squeeze excess moisture from the roll and work the roll into the mixture until smooth.
3. Brush a ring mould with oil and line it with large cabbage leaves. Fill the mould with the meat mixture and cover with the remaining cabbage leaves. Wrap the mould tightly in aluminium foil and stand it in a pan of boiling water. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, then turn out the mince ring onto a hot plate.
Beef Mince Recipes,beef recipes