Beef mince and pea curry
10 - 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons madras curry paste
- 650g beef mince
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- steamed basmati rice, mint leaves and pappadums, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add beef and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 4 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in peas and cook for 1 minute or until peas cooked through. Spoon curry over rice. Top with mint. Serve with pappadums.
- Place 4 pappadums at a time, evenly spaced, on a heatproof, microwave-safe rack or inverted dinner plate (so they are elevated off the turntable by 2cm). Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until pappadums expand and crumple (they become crisp as they cool). This recipe can be made ahead and frozen.
Keep warm this winter with our selection of casseroles, slow cooker recipes, soup recipes and pasta bakes.
Beef Mince Recipes,beef recipes