- 150 g (5½ oz) soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 225 g (8 oz) mixed vegetables, such as asparagus tips, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, green beans or mange-tout
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) light soy sauce
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp rice wine (sake or mirin) or dry sherry
- 280 g (10 oz) firm tofu, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 heape1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 heape1/2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the soba noodles for about 6 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, cut all the mixed vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Add them to the simmering pasta for the final 3–4 minutes of cooking.
3. Drain the pasta and vegetables in a large colander. Place all the remaining ingredients in the empty saucepan and return it to the heat. Heat until simmering, then reduce the heat to the minimum setting. Return the pasta and vegetables to the pan, and cook very briefly until they are reheated.
4. Serve in deep soup bowls, with a spoon to drink the tasty broth and a fork or chopsticks for picking up the solid ingredients.
low cholesterol diet recipes,diet recipes,health recipes,low cholestrol recipes